AP Testing Test Dates:
This calendar includes all AP tests being given at Westfield High School in 2020. For a complete AP test calendar, please follow this link: https://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/about/dates.
Late Exams and Conflicts:
May 20-22, 2020
- Please note: Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and Westfield have no control over the exam dates and times. They are set annually by College Board and cannot be changed. Late testing is not permitted unless approved by College Board. Please visit the following website for College Board-approved late testing policies: https://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/coordinate/late
- If you have a conflict, you must talk with an AP coordinator about the reason for the conflict by Monday, Nov. 4th. Notifying the AP Test Coordinators after this date may result in an additional fee.
Dropping an AP Course
If you drop an AP Course after Monday, November 4, you will pay an unused exam fee of $40. Please see an AP Test Coordinator.
NEW INFORMATION REGARDING ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMS
College Board is making several changes to the AP Testing process for the 2019-20 school year. If you are planning to take an AP course this year, please take a moment to read this important information as exam opt out deadlines and fees have changed for this school year.
FCPS will pay the fees for the first six AP tests taken by each student for courses in which they are also enrolled for high school credit.
Students who choose to take one or more AP tests beyond the six FCPS-funded tests will be charged a fee of:
- $94 per AP exam which will be billed in December 2019.
Students taking one or more AP tests without enrolling in the corresponding course will be responsible for the $94 test fee(s):
- These test(s) will not count towards their six FCPS-funded tests.
- The payment for these test(s) will be a separate billing process from students enrolled in AP/IB courses.
Fees for AP exams funded by FCPS (Exams 1-6)
Students who do not complete the AP Opt-Out form for an AP exam, but then either drop the class after November 4, 2019 or do not attend the exam(s), will be charged a College Board unused/cancelled exam fee for each test that is FCPS funded. The College Board change fee is $40 for each unused/cancelled exam. Unpaid fees will revert to student financial obligations.
Fees for AP exams not funded by FCPS (Exams 7+)
Students who do not complete the AP Opt-Out form for an AP exam, but then either drop the class after November 4, 2019 or do not attend the exam(s), will not be charged an additional $40 but will be responsible for the non-refundable $94 test fee. Unpaid fees will revert to student financial obligations.
NEW ---UPDATED OPT-OUT INFORMATION AND AP EXAM FEES:
Exam Opt-Out and Ordering timeline:
While FCPS encourages all students to take AP tests for courses in which they are enrolled, students will have the opportunity to opt-out of the test(s) by filling out an opt-out form to be provided by the school. However, it is important to note the following:
- Students will receive their AP opt-out form with their cumulative FCPS AP test history in early October. If a student chooses to opt-out of an AP exam, the form must be returned to the Westfield HS Student Services office by October 25th. NO EXCEPTIONS. Once this deadline has passed, FCPS will invoice families through My School Bucks in December.
COLLEGE BOARD REGISTRATION
All students enrolled in an AP course and those unenrolled students planning to take an AP exam must have a College Board account and be enrolled in their course section on the College Board website. This process will be completed in class with the teacher or AP Test Coordinators within the first month of school.
If you need an additional resource for AP exam fees and procedures, please visit the link to the FCPS FAQ’s regarding this information: https://www.fcps.edu/testfees-questions
AP Registration for Non-Enrolled Exam Takers
- The registration deadline is Friday, October 25th
- Cost is $94 per exam.
- Registration Form
- Homeschool students must provide their signed acknowledgement letter to the school
Considerations for Non-Enrolled Exam Takers
- There are no refunds if the student does not sit for the exam for any reason.
- All efforts will be made to have students take their AP exams at their base school. However, specialized exams and space limitations may require students to test at another test location. If the student must travel to a testing site, transportation is not provided.
The Attendance form must be filled out if a student is planning on leaving early or arriving late on a day they are taking an AP exam. Forms will also be available later this Spring in each Subschool.
AP Exam Coordinators: