National Honor Society
National Honor Society | Sponsors: Jessica Finley @email, Amanda Blizzard email@example.com, and Lauren Lange @email
- Application form from website must be filled out completely- no attachments or formats will be accepted.
- Members inducted as juniors must complete 20 service hours during junior year and 15 service hours during senior year.
- Members inducted as seniors must complete 20 service hours during senior year.
- ALL members must complete at least FIVE service hours per year at official NHS group service projects. (These five hours count as part of the 20 or 15 hours a member must already complete, not in addition to the total hours.)
- Members may not double-count service hours with other honor societies or organizations, nor may they count hours that are required for other groups or for which they receive compensation in the form of payment or class credit.
- Members may NOT have a parent or other relative sign off on any service hours. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this rule. If you have a question, please contact one of the sponsors.
- Junior members may complete more than the 20 required junior hours in their first year of membership; all additional hours will be counted toward senior hours.
Mandatory Application Documents
- Dues for all members are $30 for the first year and $20 for the second year of membership. Please drop off cash or a check (made payable to Westfield High School) to Mrs. Blizzard in A118
- Elections take place in May of each school year to determine officers for the following fall; look for election information and dates in the morning and afternoon announcements in early May.