2021-22 AP Test Fees
- Fees for the first six AP tests taken for courses in which students are enrolled for high school credit will be paid for by FCPS.
- For each exam beyond six, families will be charged the College Board testing fee of $95. Students who are eligible for Free/Reduced lunch and have completed the Consent to Share form will not be charged the exam fee(s).
- Students that wish to take AP tests without enrolling in the corresponding FCPS course are responsible for the test fee(s).
- FCPS encourages all students to take AP/IB tests for courses in which they are enrolled. However, students will have the opportunity to opt-out of the test(s) by filling out an Opt-Out form to be provided by the school.
- Parents will be billed a non-refundable test fee in December 2021 for tests that exceed the six FCPS funded tests.
AP Opt Out/Cancelled Test/No Show Information
Students will receive their AP Opt-Out form from Westfield High School in mid-October.
Deadline: AP students must make Opt-Out decisions by October 22nd.
- Students who submit an Opt-Out form will receive a confirmation email from Sonya Williams, DSS, to confirm the receipt of your Opt-Out form. If you do not receive an email by October 31, 2021, assume your form has not been received/processed and see your school counselor immediately.
- AP students who do not complete the Opt-Out form by October 22, 2021, or later choose to not sit for their AP exam, will be assessed a $40 cancellation fee by the College Board.
- For the 2021-22 school year there will be NO spring cancellation option for AP exams.
To assist in the decision-making process, students will be provided a report in early October with their previous tests and current AP course enrollment.
2022 AP Testing Schedule
- Please reference the College Board 2022 AP exam dates site for dates of AP Exams.
- Due to the FCPS Cultural and Religious Observance day on May 3rd, no AP exams will be administered on this day. The AP Environmental Science and AP Psychology exams will be administered on the late testing date of May 17th.
- All 2022 AP exams will be taken in school and most will be taken again in a paper/pencil format.