Advanced Placement (AP)
AP Testing Opt Out
Students will receive their AP Opt-Out form from Westfield High School via email during the week of October 3rd.
Deadline: AP students must make Opt-Out decisions by October 13th. Forms must be turned into Dana Hughes(Subschool 2) or Nicole Shaw(Subschool 4). AP Opt Out forms cannot be accepted by any other staff members.
- Students who submit an Opt-Out form will receive a confirmation email from Nicole Shaw or Dana Hughes to confirm the receipt of your Opt-Out form. If you do not receive an email confirmation by October 31, 2023, assume your form has not been received/processed and see Ms. Hughes or Ms. Shaw immediately.
2023-24 AP Test Fees
- Fees for the first six AP tests taken for courses in which students are enrolled for high school credit will be paid for by FCPS.
- For each exam beyond six, families will be charged the College Board testing fee of $98. Students who are eligible for Free/Reduced lunch and have completed the Consent to Share form will not be charged the exam fee(s).
- Students who wish to take AP tests without enrolling in the corresponding FCPS course are responsible for the test fee(s). Please see Mrs. Hughes or Mrs. Shaw for registration forms.
- FCPS encourages all students to take AP/IB tests for courses in which they are enrolled. However, students will have the opportunity to opt-out of the test(s) by completing an Opt-Out form. These were sent to parents and students via email on October 3rd.
- Parents will be billed a non-refundable test fee in December 2023 for tests that exceed the six FCPS funded tests.
2024 AP Exam Dates
The 2024 AP Exams will be administered in schools over two weeks in May: May 6–10 and May 13–17.