Westfield is a large high school serving a diverse community that places high priority on education. The Westfield High School Library exists to serve this community by providing materials & assistance to support all areas of instruction, inquiry & interests, to build information literacy, and to foster lifelong learning. We take P.R.I.D.E. in our learning community.
Library Policies and Procedures
Visiting the Library
- During school hours, students must have a pass to visit the library, except for classes accompanied by a teacher.
- The library is open every day before and after school and no passes are required during these times.
- Students should sign in and out at the laptops when visiting the library.
Borrowing Library Materials
- Library books are checked out for three weeks using the student's ID number. Students may renew their books online through their library catalog account or in person at the library.
- Additional ebooks and eaudiobooks are available to checkout through the MackinVIA link in your Destiny library account.
- No overdue fines are charged but books must be returned on time.
- Full replacement price is charged for lost or damaged items.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the library.
- Follow the SR&R when using computers and other devices.
- You are welcome to charge devices in the library using the charging stations.
- Students may print from their laptops to the student printer located in the library.
- Treat library materials and equipment with respect, push in chairs, and dispose of trash.
- Monday-Thursday | 7:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday | 7:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Late bus days are Monday and Thursday | 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on late bus days
- Head Librarian, HS
- Librarian, HS