Absences, Late Arrivals/Check-Ins, and Early Check-Outs
Parents/legal guardians may report attendance by:
- You must have your student’s student ID number to complete the form. You can find this ID number in SIS ParentVUE.
Or by calling our 24/7 Attendance Line 703-488-6316.
- Extension 1: Absences
- Extension 2: Late Arrivals
- Extension 3: Spanish Line
- Extension 4: Other Concerns
- "For the fastest response, please use the Westfield Attendance Form described above. Voicemails will be checked and attendance adjusted by the end of the day. You may still get an automatic call regarding your student’s absence if they arrive late to school. SIS Parent VUE can help you access more real-time attendance information.
The following information must be included when leaving a message. A reason is required for all dismissals and absences.
- Student’s LEGAL first and last name (include spelling on voice mail)
- Student ID number
- Date of Absence
- Reason for Absence (if not provided, attendance will not be processed)
- Parent Name and Relationship
- Parent Phone Number for verification
- If reporting an ill student, include symptoms, especially if they have fever, nausea, vomiting, sore throat, and/or cough. If your student has a diagnosis from a healthcare provider, please include that information.
Westfield High School does not accept handwritten or typed notes as a way of reporting attendance.
- In addition to using the form above, parents can also come to the school Attendance Office in person (with identification) to check out your student, and prior to 2:30 PM. In person dismissals will not be processed after 2:30 PM.
- Please give the school at least an hour notice prior to picking up your child
- If you notify the school with an hour’s notice, you do NOT need to come inside the school to check your student out.
- Students will receive an E-Hall pass within 5 minutes of their dismissal time.
- Students must check out with the attendance office prior to leaving the building.
- Students who are not feeling well should report to the clinic for assessment. Parents will be notified if the clinic determines an early dismissal is necessary.
*Please note that on high volume days (i.e. day before holiday breaks, SOL testing days, Pep Rally days, etc.) advanced notification will be required.**
To request an approved absence for an unusual reason, including college visits, in addition to submitting the information in the Google form, a student must submit a pre-arranged absence form to be completed by his/her teachers.
The prearranged absence form must be returned to the appropriate subschool at least two days prior to the absence for approval. Requests for prearranged absences do not receive automatic approval. If approved, only the first five (5) days of the absence are approved. The remaining days of the absence are unexcused.
- Failure to follow the above procedures will result in unexcused absences and possible discipline referral to their Assistant Principal.
- If your student was inaccurately marked absent for a class, contact the teacher directly using Schoology or our Staff Directory. The teacher will contact the Attendance Office should a change in attendance be necessary.