SAT School Day
SAT School Day Testing Information
The SAT School Day is a full-length test for the college entrance exam known as the SAT Reasoning Test. It measures critical thinking skills that are important for success in college, including critical reading, math problem-solving and writing skills.
- Test Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Open to Seniors (12th Grade Students) only
SAT School Day Registration
To help the school prepare for testing and ensure testing materials are ordered for your student, families are asked to complete the form below by Wednesday, September 7. The form must be completed using your student’s fcpsschools.net email account.
Westfield High School: 2022 SAT School Day Intent to Participate Form (https://forms.gle/cxM7KZ3BU62YanMs7)
A translated version of the form content may be found on the SAT School Day Intent webpage (https://www.fcps.edu/node/43896). FCPS sites cannot accept walk-ins on the day of the exam.
2022 Student Guides: SAT School Day
The SAT Student Guides have pertinent information for testing, tips, and a practice test:
SAT School Day FAQs
Q. When and where is the SAT School Day test?
- The SAT School Day will be given on October 12, 2022 at Westfield High School during the school day beginning at 8:10am.
- Students will be notified of their testing room assignment by email to their @fcpsschools.net accounts. Encourage your student to check for updates through their school email.
Q. Do I have to register to take this test with College Board?
- No. Students were required to register for the SAT via the "SAT Intent to Participate Form" sent to all Westfield High School senior families in August. Students who successfully registered for the school-day SAT, received or will receive a confirmation email sent to their @fcpsschools.net account on September 9, 2022. Schools are unable to accommodate walk-ins for exams.
Q. How long is the test?
- The SAT School Day is normally 3 hours, 15 minutes long; however, students with College Board-approved extended time will test longer. Students testing with standard time should be done around 12:30. Students testing with 50% extended time should be done at approximately 2:00.
Q. What should my student bring to school for the SAT School Day test? Please note: We do not loan out calculators to students.
- A picture ID
- A mask that must be worn the entire time they are in the building.
- Two or more No. 2 pencils- not mechanical
- Graphing Calculator (see the SAT Calculator Policy for acceptable calculators)
- Water and snacks. Snacks may be consumed during breaks. We request that snacks are peanut-free and carried in a clear Ziplock bag.
Q. What is prohibited from testing?
- You are not permitted to bring any electronic “smart” device such as a cell phone or wearable technology like a Smart Watch or Fitbit. Please leave these items in your car/home.
Q. Is food permitted?
- Fairfax County will be providing a grab and go breakfast and lunch option for all students. Snacks are allowed to be eaten during scheduled breaks. We request that snacks are peanut-free and carried in a clear Ziplock bag.
Q. How can my student prepare for the SAT School Day?
FCPS students have access to Tutor.com and Khan Academy’s free online test preparation, whether they are taking the SAT. Tutor.com is accessible via Schoology and provides live tutoring services, including SAT preparation. Please note that Khan Academy will allow students to download practice tests without having to create an account. When accessing the customized curriculum, students will need to create an account which requires parent/guardian permission. The Khan Academy website also offers general test preparation tips for students.
Q. How can my student apply for testing accommodations for the SAT?
- The College Board’s deadline for SAT accommodation requests is August 9th. Any student who has College Board approved accommodations will receive the appropriate accommodations on test day. Please be aware that students with an extended time accommodation will finish testing later. Additionally, students testing with MP3 audio or 100% Extended Time will test over 2 days.
- For questions about the College Board accommodation request process, please contact our SSD Coordinator, Carson Huling at @email.
Q. When will my student receive SAT School Day scores?
- Scores should be available online to students through their free College Board accounts on towards mid-November. Students can view scores via College Board at https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/home. Students who do not currently have a College Board account will need to create one to view scores. Students should use their personal email (not fcpsschools.net accounts) to create their CB accounts as they may need access to these scores after they leave FCPS.
Q. I have a question that is not listed above – who should I contact?
- Please contact our Assessment Coach, Susan Fox (@email)