A student must be enrolled in the fourth semester or higher of French, maintain a B+ average in French, and a B average overall. Students seeking membership also must indicate a strong desire to be active in the French program at Westfield by providing tutoring for French students and participating in community outreach and fundraising activities.
Dues are $10 for the first year and $10 for the second year of membership.
Members are required to earn 5 points of service hours per semester. Points can be earned by tutoring, helping French teachers (Madame Bragg and/or Madame Odoux), participating in fundraisers and/or in all FHS activities.
The induction ceremony will take place on April 18th at 3:15 in the Lecture Hall.
Elections take place early in May to determine officers for the following school year. Information will be posted in early May on the FHS Blackboard Group.
All current FHS members are enrolled in the Blackboard group in order to receive timely information updates.
Sponsor: Glenn Rife
- Students are eligible to join after 3 or more semesters of German.
- Eligible students must have an overall GPA of greater than 3.0, and greater than 3.5 in German, and must not have been written up for Honor Code violations.
- Interested students can pick up an application from Herr Rife in room G-211 starting in January.
- Applicants should take their forms with them to their counselor during course selection.
- All applications will be due by the end of the course selection and registration period.
Membership Dues and Induction Ceremony
- Dues for all members are $5 each year. Please drop off cash or a check (made payable to Westfield High School) to Herr Rife in room G-211.
- A banquet is held every Spring for new inductees and returning members, usually at the Euro Bistro in Herndon.
Service Hours and Honor Cords
- All students in NGHS should perform a minimum of 8 service hours per year.
- Credit will be given for service hours performed for courses or groups, provided that the student has actively attended German Club/Honor Society meetings as well.
- Senior members must provide evidence of their 8 service hours in order to receive their honor cords for graduation.
Sponsors: Mrs. Snyder & Mrs. Santiago
To be eligible for History Honor Society at Westfield High School students must:
- Have a 3.00 overall GPA (weighted)
- Have a 3.50 overall Social Studies GPA (weighted)
- Have taken or be currently enrolled in an Advanced Placement History, Social Studies, or Government course (e.g. AP World History, AP United States History, AP Comparative Government, AP National Government, AP European History, AP Psychology, AP Human Geography, AP Economics)
- Have a Social Studies teacher's recommendation
All applications (including counselor and teacher forms) are due no later than October 9, 2020.
You can find the application form here.
Sponsor: Christy Jenkins-Dietz, Tara Willenbrock, & Scott Wultors
Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society Membership requirements
Students wishing to be considered for membership must:
- Have completed 6 semesters of high school level mathematics and be enrolled in at least their 7th semester of mathematics. This means you have completed Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Have earned a C or better in their current math course so far.
- Have an overall Math GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Pay membership dues of $30 (one-time payment for life of membership).
- NOT have any Westfield High School Honor Code violations.
Students wishing to maintain membership must:
- Complete a total of 10 service hours for the school year.
- Attend a minimum of four (4) the MHS meetings to be held on the following Wednesdays of each month beginning in November.
- The meeting dates are scheduled for the following dates: Nov 11, Dec 9, Jan 13, Feb 10, Mar 10 (early pi day), Apr 14, May 26 (election of officers)
- Be enrolled in a math class every semester.
- Uphold the Westfield High School Honor Code.
Failure to meet these requirements by the deadlines will result in suspension of membership. Students will be required to reapply to reactivate their membership. Violations of the Westfield High School Honor Code will result in suspension of student membership for a minimum of 12 months.
To be considered for admission:
- Meet all the admission requirements
- PRINT clearly.
- Fill out this form COMPLETELY https://forms.gle/jFkbXtQX7X9htC2a8
- Completed form due no later than Monday, October 12th by 5:00 pm.
- If you have any questions you can email Christy Jenkins-Dietz, Tara Willenbrock, or Scott Wultors
- Once you have received a final acceptance email you must pay your one-time dues of $30. Payment can be made on myschoolbucks.com (look for Westfield High School math honor society) or by check made out to Westfield High School. Please mail to the following address: Westfield HS Attn: Mrs. Jenkins 4700 Stonecroft Blvd Chantilly, VA, 20151
- Failure to do ALL of the above will forfeit consideration.
Sponsors: Jessica Finley & Amanda Blizzard
Contact Information: @email
- Members must be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior
- Members must have a least a cumulative 3.5 GPA upon applying
- Members must show commitment to the four National Honor Society Pillars: Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service
Virtual Interest Meetings (for prospective members):
- June 23rd at 3:00 PM
- August 4th at 3:00 PM
- Access the Google Meets link by using the code fegcjly with your personal email to join our Google Classroom
Virtual Summer Meetings (for current members):
- June 23rd at 4:30 PM
- July 14th at 4:30 PM
- August 4th at 4:30 PM
Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year have been converted into a digital format.
Access the application here.
Additional Information, FAQs and Expectations (Google Slides)
Sponsor: Ellyn Whiteash
The purpose of this Chapter of Quill & Scroll is to inspire and recognize those students who: have shown outstanding commitment to journalism; foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of scholastic media; further the creative abilities of its members and the school community; bring attention to journalism in our school and community; increase awareness for journalism in relation to other areas of the school curriculum and in all aspects of Westfield High School’s mission of Each One, Reach One, Teach One.
Membership Qualifications, students must:
- Be a junior or senior
- Maintain an overall B grade point average and be enrolled in at least one class supporting journalism such as Photojournalism (Yearbook), Journalism (Watchdog), Broadcast Journalism (WestfieldLIVE), Literary Magazine (Calliope), Creative Writing, Film Studies and/or Academy TV Production
- Have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media.
- Must be recommended by their teacher/supervisor
- Must be approved by the Quill and Scroll Sponsor
- Be involved in all society activities, pay club dues, participate in fundraisers and attend meetings
National membership includes a pin, certificate and graduation cords for members in good standing.